Thursday, October 18, 2007

Waiting for a special guy

I’m usually the inquisitive one, but last weekend it was my four-year-old niece who had all the questions. She asked if I was married. When I told her I wasn’t, she asked why. I considered launching into a lengthy diatribe about the dating world but held off for her sake and my sanity. Seeing as how we were in question/answer mode, I decided to inquire about her marital status. She was quite open: She let me know that she wasn’t married, that she was waiting for “a special guy”. You probably think I made that up for this blog, but nothing I cook up could be that delicious. I also heard her utter the word “boyfriend” for the very first time. I suspect there’s years of interesting conversations where that came from. Incidentally she and I spent much of the weekend taking pictures together. She was, as I told her, my partner in crime and picture-taking. And anyone who thinks I take a lot of pictures… well, they haven’t seen this little girl. Here you have a picture from her and a picture from me.

No comments: