Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Multitasking sucks… long live the comma!

Remember the good, old comma your English teacher talked too much about? Well it's disappearing, and that says a lot about the world we live in. That’s according to a column in this week's 'Newsweek'. The author opines that "the comma's fading popularity is also social commentary". The comma says to pause, but these days who has time to do that? He also questions the merits of multitasking, which I often wonder about too. Are we doing a little of a lot or just a lot of nothing? Not that it stops me from trying. I bought a shower radio recently so I can listen to NPR (ok, celeb nonsense and Eddie & Jobo too) while I shower. These days I learn more about the indigenous people of Australia as I lather up. (TMI?) For some reason though I don't love showers the way I used to.

No comments: