Wednesday, June 20, 2007

Age, beauty & alcohol

At what age do women think they're most beautiful? 34. That's according to Cosmo, as reported to me by my LP pal LK. It got me thinking: How old were the voters? 34? Or maybe 64? And that’s not all: If the voters were 64, did they think they were beautiful when they were 34? My .02 is… no. How many times have you looked at a picture and thought you looked better then? Of course ‘then’ you had a million complaints about yourself. Why do we only appreciate now… later?

On the topic of age I was distraught at Binnys last week when they didn't card me. I calmed myself down and told myself that clearly it was a mistake. I went again this week and – horror of horrors – it happened again. I wanted to scream out, "What?! Why? Why me?!” But I chose instead to walk out without making a scene, figuring the sooner I got home the sooner I could start drinking.

No comments: