Friday, November 9, 2007

Gisele and the plunging dollar

We've all heard of a few of those boring, old economic indicators. You know… the Consumer Price Index, Gross Domestic Product, Crude Oil Prices and Gisele Bündchen. Huh??? That’s right – I said Gisele Bündchen. The supermodel who gets to prance around Rome and Paris and New York being young and beautiful and rich. And if that’s not enough she gets to do so in the company of Leo and Tom and other such young and beautiful and rich hotties. But I digress. Apparently Gisele no longer accepts modeling payment in dollars. Since the dollar has fallen to crazy lows against the British pound, the Canadian dollar and other currencies, she insists on euros. Media coverage of this significant macreconomic event suggest this is more bad news for the dollar. I wasn’t worried when I heard gas might hit $4 a gallon, but Gisele’s dollar decision has me panicked: What should I do about the millions of US dollars coming my way? I'm not a Eurobabe myself, but perhaps I could urgently convert to Bhutan ngultrums or Azerbaijan manats. Your two cents? Which by the way are worth less than ever...

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hot tip from my broker: get to The 99-Cent Store and convert it to toilet brushes. Don't wait. They're going fast.

FooLion said...

Anyone heard the new single by The Artist Formerly Known As 50 Cent?

Anonymous said...

Why not, she is an international supermodel....she represents international brands so why not get paid in EUROS?

PS: why did you remove the other comment.

Anonymous said...

I take back what I wrote earlier...if she works in the U.S. then she should get paid dollars, if in Europe then in EUROs if in Brazil then in Reais.

sarnacke said...

As someone making a US salary but working overseas, the Dollar's weakness and volatility is killing me!