Saturday, September 22, 2007

The coolest bus in town

I felt pretty useful on the 134 bus the other day. I was on my way home, standing because I couldn't get a seat (yet again), when the bus driver stops the bus in the middle of the road. People look up from their iPods/cell phones/day dreams. The driver says to me, “Am I doin this right?" I let her know she should keep going in the right lane but that some drivers opt for the left lane and that's fine too. Satisfied, she drives on. And me? Well obviously I feel like the hero that I am. (Not quite Keanu, but you get the point.) Incidentally anyone who's never been on the 134 is really missing out on life. It's a gorgeous ride from downtown to Lincoln Park… with the green of the park on one side and the blue of the lake on the other.

No comments: